Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Blog Challenge Day 14: I WON THE LOTTERY! Oh, wait. I didn't play.

This is an easy one.  If I won the lottery, I would pay off mortgages.  I’d be paying mortgages out the wazoo.  We would start with our own, and then we would pay off our parents’ mortgages, then our siblings’, and then a few friends’ as well.  The rest would be invested and we would pay ourselves enough every month to live, to shop and to travel.  If it was so much money that I didn’t have to work, I would quit my job in a second, (don’t worry co-workers, I’d leave a pretty significant donation in my place).

In the meantime, my family, friends and I will just have to keep dreaming and saying good-bye to those mortgage payments every time they leave our bank accounts.  The shopping and the traveling can only be done after we save enough money to do so, and my work and other charitable organizations will receive only the donations that we can afford to give right now.  Like plain old, everyday people. 
Come to think of it, if I hope to win the lottery one day I should probably start playing it.  Right?    

No comments:

Post a Comment